Hello dear candidates in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2018 pageant!
It is time to finally start the competition and we hope you are as much excited for the challenges, as we are. For the first runway challenge we have a fun theme for you. Your creativity in your styling and the realization of your inspiration will be the main focus for the judges, but do not take it to easily. Many of the judges are fans of this particular styling theme.
We are asking you to style an outfit, inspired by your favorite anime character. You are free to choose any anime character, not limited to Japanese anime. When styling the outfit, you are meant to embody the anime character of your choice, but please do not use i.e. an anime mesh head. You must still maintain your usual avatars look.
Here are a few links, that may help for your research, but you are not limited to:
Please read the details below carefully:
- Please choose your favorite anime character and research on their varies of clothing and styling. You are free to research and find your styling inspiration by anime-fanart too. You do not have to limit yourself to your avatar’s gender, if your favorite anime character is the opposite sex. In that case you still can chose the character, but embody the character in your avatar’s usual gender.
- Please style your avatar inspired by your favorite anime character. Choose accessories to support your characters identity and story, but be careful not to choose to much accessory, which may hinder you in your walk and posing.
- Please refrain from styling an outfit, which clothes are only one color head-to-toe.
- Please prepare a walk and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds. Even if your anime character is fantasy orientated, please choose only poses that are possible to realize as a runway model.
You will receive a notecard with a website link and a password for your styling card submission, on Monday July 2.
- Please write in the styling card submission a description, which anime character you were inspired by and why. Please explain, which details of your styling are characteristic for your anime character. You are required to limit your description to 200 words. Any longer text will get edited for the show script at our own discretion.
- Please list all items, you have used to realize your styling. You will find in the form two text fields to list your regular and potential custom creations or sponsored items separately.
- Please attach one raw (unedited) picture of your styling to the form on our website. The picture should be shot with a clean background and should be at least 512×512 pixels large, but not larger than 2048×2048 pixels.
- Your styling card must be submit and received by Thursday July 5, 2018 at 06:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, choreography and other instructions during the late evening of Thursday, July 5, 2018.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, July 6, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the challenge.
The first runway challenge in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2018 competition is scheduled for July 7, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and is open for public audience. Invitations will be sent two hours before show begin in our inworld group, Discord server, on Facebook and other relevant social networks.
We hope you will enjoy this first challenge and look forward to see your inspirations and ideas. Please feel free to ask us, if you have any question.