Hello dear candidates to MR SL ♛ 2019!
We had a little break and it is time now to get back, to the competition with full swing. The second runway challenge, is the first photo challenge, too. Please read the details very carefully, and let us know, if you have any question about.
Other than ordinary clothing items, leather can last for a lifetime. Everyone owns the leather jacket, or the leather pants, they have owned forever, and still will wear, to any suitable occasion. Shoes are made of leather, and a bag, which is not mass-produced, becomes a daily accessory, if it is made of leather. But it goes further than that. Do you prefer the watch with the metal strap, or is the leather one more comfortable to wear? Leather is part in our daily lives, sometimes just very casually, sometimes extraordinary provocative.
There is more to leather than fashion. Humankind uses leather since more than 4.000 years, originally for its longevity and excellent resistance to abrasion and wind. Nowadays leather gets used far beyond the essential needs. Leather often is a statement of luxury, refinement and dominance. Leather is beautiful to look at, exciting to touch, stimulating in the way it generates emotions, safe and unbeatable for its capacity to keep its characteristics unaltered over time.
In our second runway-, and first photo challenge, we are asking you to sell leather fashion, to the judges, our audience and your followers. Please read below:
- Please style an outfit with leather clothing. You are not limited to any certain style, season, period, or anything at all. Yet, read the requirements below.
- Your styling must include at least two (2) items, which are supposedly made of leather. The texture and fabrics of your items must suggest, that it’s meant to be leather.
- At least one (1) leather item must be worn directly at your body, i.e. jacket or pants, and may not be shoes, accessory or “fetish-“gear. If you wear at least one leather item directly at your body, i.e. jacket or pants, you can accessorize with additional leather items, of course.
Candidate A styles with leather pants, leather boots and other leather accessory – Correct
Candidate B styles a tweed suit with, accessorized with leather shoes, watch with leather strap and a leather bag – Wrong (he misses the leather item directly worn at his body)
- Your styling needs to include one (1) accent color, which is not black, brown, gray or white. This additional color does not count for hair, nails or makeup.
- As leather often is worn fitted, your clothing should support your shape as is. Sometimes it is necessary to do minor tweaks to your shape, to make a clothing fit. You don’t want to look like a leathern potato sack!
- Lastly, choose your clothing and accessory wisely. You are meant, to make a statement of luxury, masculinity and dominance with your styling.
Walk and Poses
- Please choose an appropriate walk, a default pose, and poses for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling. Please try to create a 360° turn with your poses, too. While this is optional for this challenge still, it will be a requirement for the following challenges.
- Your poses should show your styling in the best possible way. Choose poses, which will highlight the details of your styling.
- Your walk and the poses should match your statement for leather, your styling is intended to give. Be expressive with your poses, don’t bore the audience. Yet, you must abide to the standard modeling rules, i.e. not to break mesh, etc.
For the runway challenge
- Please write in your styling description, why you choose the leather items in your styling. Highlight the quality and details of your items. Please remember, you are limited to 200 words for this description. Descriptions with more than 200 words will get shortened and edited at our discretion.
- Please list all items you have used in your styling. The items list does not apply to the above word limit.
- Please attach a raw, unedited, picture of your styling to the styling description. You can add a second, close up picture, i.e. to show details of your styling.
- Your styling description must be sent and received by Thursday, November 8th, at 06:00 p.m. SLT.
- Rehearsals for the second runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, November 9th, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the challenge.
- The second runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, November 10th, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and is open for public attendance.
For the photo challenge
First, and foremost, do not post a picture of your styling before the runway challenge is concluded. Of course, you can prepare the picture already.
- Please choose an editorial pose, which allows you to show your styling in the best possible way
- Please choose an inworld location or backdrop to use as background for your picture. We may suggest you to refrain from green-screen pictures.
- You can create a scene for your picture, by using i.e. decorative items, a chair, a car, or anything. Please keep in mind, that your styling has to be the center of attention in your picture.
- When choosing the windlight or artificial lights, make sure, that your clothing and details are well visible.
- When thinking about and creating your scene, please consider that your picture needs to be in 3:4 ratio. ( 3 wide to 4 high, i.e. 1536 x 2048, or proportional larger ).
- You may edit your picture with editing software, i.e. Photoshop or Gimp, as you like to. Please don’t over process your picture. You should make sure, that i.e. colors, textures and fabrics of your clothing remain unaltered and are shown as they would be seen inworld.
- The picture must be shot and edited by yourself only.
- Your picture needs to be at least 1536×2048 pixels large.
- Please upload your picture to your Flickr account.
- The title of your picture needs to be: MR SL ♛ [ Your Country ] – First Photo Challenge (i.e. “MR SL ♛ Switzerland – First Photo Challenge”).
- Please paste the same description, you have submit for the runway challenge, into the description field for the Flickr picture.
- Please list all items you have used for your styling, too.
- Please credit additional locations, backdrops or decorative items you have used for your picture.
- Please add your picture to the MR SL ♛ 2019 (opted out 30/60) group. This group is exclusive for finalists of the MR SL ♛ 2019 pageant.
- Please add your picture to at least ten (10) more groups.
- You may upload as many pictures as you like, but only your last submit picture with the proper title (see above) will get presented to the judges.
- Your picture must be uploaded and added to the MR SL ♛ 2019 (opted out 30/60) group by Sunday, November 18th, at 12:00 p.m. SLT.
- The five highest scored pictures get published by us, on Monday, November 19th, at around 12:00 p.m. SLT.
We hope you will enjoy this second runway challenge as well as the first photo challenge. If you have any question, concerns or issues, please address your question in the SL inworld group, in the Discord #pageant_chat channel or send a direct message to Rissa Bolissima, Venom Zanzibar or me.
We wish you good luck for this both challenges and look forward to see your styling ideas in our runway challenge and with your picture submissions!
MISS SL ORGANIZATION
OWNER | FOUNDER | CHAIRMAN
© November 2018 – a MISS SL ORGANIZATION Press Release