Hello dear candidates to MR SL ♛ 2019,
we are happy to begin the pageant with you now! This first runway challenge is scheduled closely to the date of the Halloween celebrations worldwide and we hope you will like this styling challenge for you. We want to see, how creative and outside of a box you will be able to think.
Hollywood, or in general the movie industry, has evoked in many of us nightmares, fears, revulsion and terror of the unknown, with many uncounted horror films, since the late 19th century. The plots usually involve the intrusion of an evil force, or person, into the everyday world. Characters like ghosts, extraterrestrials, vampires, werewolves, demons, evil clowns and witches, monsters, zombies, cannibals, psychopaths, serial killers. Some of these would haunt us viewers even in our normal lives, i.e. it’s a phenomenon caused by horror films, such as IT, that many of us associate fear and terror with clowns, which originally were supposed to make us laugh.
We would like you to choose your favorite film ‘monster’ from a horror movie and to create a styling inspired by the movie character, you feared (or admired?) the most? Can you impersonate the evil and yet maintain your avatars recognizability? Please read the details below very carefully.
- Please select a character of a horror movie, of any time or any genre, you would like to style inspired by for this Halloween challenge.
- Obviously your character needs to be of visible nature, with physical features, such as legs and arms.
- You should consider to choose a character, which allows you to maintain your avatars general appearance in most parts.
- Style your avatar, inspired by your selected character. Select elements, such as clothing and accessory, which are usual for your character.
- Please understand, that we do not ask you to buy a ‘ready-to-go costume’ from a party clothing store, but that you mix and match elements, to create an own and unique styling.
- If your character has body deformations or facial features which are unnatural and different to your avatars features, you may try to have them for your appearance too, but keep changes to a minimum, not to lose your avatars recognizability.
- If you must wear a mask or make up for this challenge, you are free to do so, but ideally it only would cover your face partially, to still show your avatar’s face.
- Your styling must consist of at least two (2) colors, which are not black, gray or white. You still may use black, gray or white, but you need to have two additional colors in your styling.
- The two additional colors are counted for the clothing in your styling and for any accessory, that is directly attached to your avatar, i.e. hats. Handheld accessory, hairs, shoes, nails, makeup and skin tone layers or adjustments do not count for additional colors.
- Choose a default pose, a walking animation and a pose set with poses for about 40 to 60 seconds, to show your styling in our challenge.
- You must use runway poses, which express the evil nature of your character, but you must adhere to the basics of runway posing. This means, you cannot hover or fly, the poses should not stretch or deform the mesh or the textures of your clothing and body parts cannot break into your clothing, accessories or other body parts.
- For this challenge you may use facial expression animations to support your character’s appearance, i.e. to show teeth. Please consider to use this facial expression only for a brief period of time, during your presentation on the runway.
- You will receive the website link and password for the web-based form to submit your styling description, in a notecard, on Monday, October 22nd, during the early evening SLT.
- In your styling description please write, why you choose the character you styled inspired by, and what are the evil features of your character. Perhaps your character has a known history, how they became evil or maybe you can relate to some of the characters ‘better’ or past personality. Please limit your description to 200 words.
- Please list all items you have used for your styling. The list of items does not apply to the above word limit.
- Please make sure to list all possibly custom created or modified items separately in the form, even if you modified or created them by yourself.
- Please provide links to images you were inspired by, in the according form field.
- Please attach a raw picture of your styling to the form. A raw picture is unedited and ideally photographed with a clean, unicolor background. You can attach a second picture, which shows the styling details closer, too. Your picture(s) should not be of smaller resolution than 512×512 and not be bigger than 2048×2048.
- Your styling description must be sent and received by Friday, October 26th, at 06:00 a.m. SLT. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, October 26th, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the challenge.
The first runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, October 27th, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and is open for public attendance. After the runway challenge is concluded, we are inviting all candidates, their friends, family, and everyone, to a HALLOWEEN party with DJ Fang, beginning at 01:00 p.m. SLT.
We hope everyone will enjoy this challenge and look forward to see your styling ideas, to learn and be frightened from the evil you are presenting to us.
MISS SL ORGANIZATION
OWNER | FOUNDER | CHAIRMAN