Hello dear candidates,
we are excited to begin the competition with you now. As in all pageants, we are begining easy on you, to see your individual performances and to get to know you a bit more.
In this first challenge we are asking you to research VOGUE Magazine covers and to find the one cover, you think represents you as a person best. The VOGUE Magazine is the most influental instance for fashion, design and lifestyle since more than 100 years. To be considered as cover model is a highlight in a top models career. A model on a cover appears fierce, in the latest or trendiest fashion, sometimes relaxed, as if they were photographed in a private moment. A cover model is photographed in a way that it communicates with a reader, often with direct eye contact, to draw attention.
We would like you to be the center of attention on our runway in this first runway challenge. Therefore we are asking you to research for a VOGUE Magazine cover, in which the displayed model reflects best, how you feel about yourself, your avatar and your lifestyle. You can choose any VOGUE Magazine cover, from any year and any country.
- Please style an outfit inspired by the magazine cover of your choice. Do not copy the outfit as seen on the cover, but create an own styling.
- For this first challenge there are no limitations, but your outfit must be appropriate to be shown to a PG audience.
- Please choose a walk, a default pose and poses for about 40 – 60 seconds, to show your styling in the best possible ways.
You will receive tomorrow, Tuesday March 6th, a notecard containing the link to the styling card submission and a password. Please keep this notecard in your inventory for the duration of the pageant. The password for the styling card submission will remain the same, for all challenges.
- Please fill the styling card submission form with the requested informations.
- Please write in the description field, why you chose the VOGUE cover of your choice, how it inspired you for your styling. Please limit your description to max 150 – 200 words. If you write more than 200 words, we reserve the right to shorten your description.
- Please feel free to ask a team member, to review your description, before you submit the styling card.
- Please add a link to the image of the VOGUE cover of your choice.
- Please take a raw shot of your styling. The picture should be at least 512×512 large, but not larger than 1024×1024. Raw shots are usually done with a clean, unicolor background. Attach the picture to the form.
- The styling card must be submit and received by Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 06:00 p.m. SLT.
Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, March 9, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one rehearsal, to be eligible to walk in the challenge. You will receive a notecard with all required informations about the walk order, the VPC code, landmarks etc, on Friday, around midnight SLT.
The first runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, March 10, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and is open for public.
We hope you are enjoying this first challenge and are looking forward to see you in the audition.
MISS SL ORGANIZATION
OWNER | FOUNDER | CHAIRMAN