Hello dear candidates,
His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle are celebrating their marriage on May 19th this year. Although the couple likely will try to keep it a “small affair”, all eyes of the United Kingdom, and many more worldwide, will watch the events to be held at Windsor Castle and in London.
Estimated 2 Billion people have watched the broadcast of Prince Harry’s brother, HRH Prince William’s wedding with Kate Middleton, today HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Both weddings are triggering the dream of many, a handsome prince marrying the love his life, like it is written in fairytales. Of course everyone wants to know, how the bride’s gown will look like, but media all around the globe will inspect the outfits of the distinguished guests closely also.
Never will be forgotten the faux pas’ by some of the royal guests, i.e. wearing hats rather resembling toilet seats or spiky alien antennas, the photographies have been prime examples for “how not to dress for a royal wedding”. The british dress code and etiquette is tough and does not forgive mistakes. Being invited to a royal event does mean for some a lifetime occasion, they will remember long. Everyone who has the honor to receive an invitation, will spend weeks and insanely amounts to dress up in their best clothes with the finest fabrics and graced with the most expensive jewelry. Especially for royal events are hats a must, depending on the occasion and dress code.
In our second runway challenge you are one of those privileged to receive an invitation to the wedding of the year, actually you receive 4 invitations.
- You are invited to attend a garden reception at Clarence House, the afternoon before the marriage takes place, hosted by HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall.
- You are invited to attend the wedding ceremony in St Georges Chapel at Windsor Castle, at noon local time.
- You are invited to attend the ball, hosted by her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II., to honor the newly wed couple, at Windsor Castle, in the evening hours of the wedding day.
- You are invited to attend the after party, hosted by HRH Prince Harry and his wife, at the Juju Chelsea Club, in London.
Please read below careful:
- Please choose one invitation, you want to style for by filling this form. Your invitation choice must be submit until Wednesday, March 21, at 12:00 a.m. SLT.
- Please research the dress codes and styling etiquette to attend a royal occasion, as for the one you have chosen. Please note, royal houses throughout the world may have different dress codes and protocols, depending on the culture, but you are invited to a British royal wedding.
- Please style an outfit appropriate for the occasion of the invitation, you chose.
- Just a few hints… At outdoor events and the church, ladies are expected to wear hats. Fancy hats… the fancier, the better… just don’t cover your faces please. At the ball, ladies are expected to wear tiaras, or depending to their rank and wealth a crown… but, you may want to avoid over shining her Majesty, the Queen. If you decide for the party, you may want to style edgy, flamboyant, attention drawing and yet comfortable for a wild dance with one of the other European princes, who are still single and invited too?
- Just to dress up nicely is one thing, but it would be to easy, wouldn’t it.? You are limited by your color choices as following:
– It’s not a funeral, you may not wear black, at all.
– You are not the bride, you may not wear white, at all.
– Your clothing must entail at least one (1) of the 12 colors, seen at the London Fashion Week Spring 2018, according to the Pantone color trend report.
– The color limitations (black and white) do not apply for jewelry, but for any other accessories and nails. However, the 12 Pantone colors do not count if worn in the jewelry, accessories, hair or nails, they must be part of the clothing.
- Please choose a default pose, an appropriate walk and a pose set for about 40 seconds to present your styling. Please prepare a curtain-, back-, reverse-, 180° pose also, just in case.
- Please write in your styling description, why you choose the invitation of your choice, and what are the highlights of your outfit. Please limit this description to 200 words at the most.
- Your styling description must be submit until Thursday, March 22, at 06:00 p.m. SLT.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, March 23, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the challenge.
The second runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, March 24, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and will be hosted at the Opera House of the Rose Theatre, at the Angel Manor Estate. We hope everyone will enjoy the challenge and look forward to see your styling ideas.
MISS SL ORGANIZATION
OWNER | FOUNDER | CHAIRMAN