Hello dear candidates,
in the recent rounds of the MISS and MR SL pageant we had traditionally a so called Designer challenge. This time we will do it differently and let you choose a designer you pay tribute to.
Designers are researching on fashion trends constantly. Fashion designers design clothes which are functional and visually appealing. They must consider, who is likely to wear their clothes and the occasion it will be worn for, they have an extended range and combinations of materials to work with and a wide range of colors, patterns and styles to choose from. Some clothes are made specifically for an individual, as in the case of haute couture. Today though, most clothing is designed for the masses, especially so called ready to wear (RTW) collections.
Some Fashion designers work full-time for one fashion house, which owns the designs. Freelance designers work for themselves, selling their designs to fashion houses, directly to shops, or to clothing manufacturers. Some fashion designers set up their own brands, under which their designs are sold.
In this challenge we want to learn, who your favorite designer is, or which your favorite fashion house is. As it is spring, finally, we also would like to know their latest spring collection highlight, what inspired you from it and will see, what you style individually for yourself from it. Of course, we cannot make it just that easy, therefore you are asked to consider certain requirements for your styling and the challenge
Please read below carefully:
- Please select one Real Life designer, or a Real Life fashion house, who or which you consider your personal favorite. You are not limited to the current date, but you could also choose a designer or fashion house, who does not live, respectively does not exist anymore.
- Please research the latest released RTW or Haute Couture spring collection from your favorite designer or fashion house. Again, you are not limited to any year, but to their latest release. Please make sure to validate your sources from your research. You may choose either their latest RTW or Haute Couture Spring collection at your own convenience.
- Style an outfit, inspired by items, highlights, pattern or styles from the particular spring collection. Please do not copy a styling seen on their runways, but instead create an own styling as an interpretation from the inspiration they provide to you.
- With your styling, you must include at least one (1) of the New York Fashion Week Spring 2018 trend colors, as observed by the PANTONE FASHION COLOR TREND REPORT, in your clothing. You may use the color(s) with your accessory too, but only the color used in the clothing counts for the challenge.
- Please choose a default pose, an appropriate walk and a pose set for about 60 seconds to present your styling. Please prepare a curtain-, back-, reverse-, 180° pose also, just in case.
- Please include a 360° turn in your posing.
- Please refrain from using animated poses.
- At this point of the competition, you may want to double- and triple check, that your posing is natural and flawless, by all available means. You may want to ask friends or family to check your posing with you too, just to make sure.
- Please write in your styling description, who or which your favorite fashion designer or fashion house is and why you chose them, why they are your favorite. Please also make sure to write, which spring collection were their latest also.
- Please describe, which detail of their spring collection inspired you for your styling and why.
- Please make sure to mention, which color(s) of the PANTONE FASHION COLOR TREND REPORT you are incorporating in your styling.
- Please remember the word limit of 150 – 200 words. This time, we will cut every text with more than 200 words at our sole discretion.
- Please include links of your research for your inspiration on the links field of the form.
- Your styling description must be submit until Thursday, April 12, at 06:00 p.m. SLT.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, April 13, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the challenge.
The fourth runway challenge is scheduled for Saturday, April 14, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and will be hosted at MAX auditorium. We are looking forward for your styling ideas and performances and wish you good luck!