The first application round for the MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2018 pageant is closed and we are happy to see so many of you interested in our event. Our esteemed judges have reviewed the applications and have selected following applicants, they would like to see in our first audition:
Congrats to you all, we are very excited to meet and see you on our runway. Please read below carefully about the further going process:
Please prepare an outfit inspired by MOVIE STARS. Your movie star should be of human appearance. You can choose a character from a cartoon or animated movie too, but you still need to realize a styling inspired by your movie star with your human appearance. Please do not change your normal avatars look other than i.e. your hairs and small details, if necessary. Please feel free to ask us, if you have questions or concerns.
- You must use at least one (1) color in your clothing that is not black, white or gray.
- Jewelry metals, gems, accessories of any kind, hair and nails, do not count for your color choice.
- Please choose your accessoires wisely, sometimes less is more. Our judges do not appreciate ‘walking christmas trees’ on the runway.
- Please prepare one or two sentences with max 50 words, in which you explain, which movie star you were inspired by and why. You require this description in a notecard for yourself only, to be shouted into chat while your audition walk.
- Please choose a walk, that you think suits your styling best and prepare a set of poses for one stop, which lasts approximately 40 seconds.
- Rehearsals are scheduled on Friday, June 15 at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. You will receive informations such as the landmark for the rehearsal venue, walk order and other instructions on Thursday, June 14, during the later evening.
- It is mandatory to attend one of the both scheduled rehearsals, to be eligible to walk in the audition. If you cannot attend the rehearsals, or the audition, please let us know. You are still eligible to walk in the second audition.
For those, who are new to runway shows and modeling, we have scheduled a runway crash course for you, on Wednesday, June 13, at 10:00 a.m. SLT. For those, who require a later time during weekdays; we have scheduled a second runway crash course, also on Wednesday, June 13, at 05:00 p.m. SLT. The participation in this runway crash course is optional and your choice.
- You are required to acquire a VPC device, which is used for the audition and later in the pageant, in all events.
- We may recommend you to have and use an empty AO with your walk and default pose and a modeling HUD to control your pose set
- I personally use the STRUT HUD for my pose sets, but other models may use other HUD’s
- We will explain you the basics on how to use the devices, as well as how to ensure a mostly lag free and easy performance for yourself and others in the runway crash course.
The audition is scheduled for Saturday, June 16, at 10:00 a.m. SLT and is open for public audience. Invitations will be sent 2 hours prior to show begin in our groups, social networks and websites.
We will meet after the audition briefly for a general feedback, to share the result of the audition with you. If you are selected as MISS & MR SL YoungStar finalist, you will get to choose a fictional place from Film, Book, Music as for your title.
Hikaru choose Hogwarts – his official title will be:
Hikaru Enimo – MR SL ♛ YoungStar Hogwarts 2018
His SL group tag title (requires an own group) reads:
MR SL ♛ Hogwarts 2018
- Please have three fictional places prepared, that you would like to represent as MISS & MR SL Youngstar finalist. The title assignment will be done on first come, first serve basis. If your first choice is taken already, you will get assigned to your second choice and so on.
- If you are chosen as finalist and participate in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant finale, you are allowed to keep your title after the pageant is finished too, i.e. in your profile, resume etc. Hence you may want to make sure to think and choose the fictional place for your title wisely.
- It is not possible to receive Second Life region (sim) names as title, unless the name originates from a fictional place that is from a film, book or music piece.
- Your fictional place may not refer to or resemble an actual existing country acknowledged by the United Nations, i.e. Pacific States of America or Holy Britannian Empire.
- Your fictional place may be a fictional country, city, a region, any place that is considered a place. “My mommy’s kitchen” is not considered as such place and not to original either, you might agree… hence again, we may stress you to research for a fictional place that you can identify with.
- If you have doubts about certain places that you would like to choose, please feel free to ask us about and we will check for you case by case.
- Your choice of a fictional place will also play a role in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant finale. You will be asked to represent your assigned fictional place as a title holder.
We look forward for the audition and to meet all of you and to see your styling ideas, your creativity and your individual performances. More so we hope, that we will be able to provide to you an unique, one of a kind pleasant and fun experience. Please know, that all MISS SL Organization team members are happy to help you, if you have any questions, problems or concerns. Please join the MISS SL Organization group to ask in the group chat for help. If you are selected as finalist, you may join the MISS SL Pageant group, where all former and current MISS SL and MR SL candidates and finalists help each other.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
© June 2018 – MISS SL Organization