We have received many more applications for the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant, than we have expected and we are happy to see, that our idea of this new competition is well received. Thanks everyone who is interested in participating and those who have expressed their support to us as well!
Our esteemed judges have reviewed the applications and have selected following applicants, they would like to see in our first audition:
Following applicants have been selected to audition as well, but they have chosen in their application to prefer the second audition. We will repeat those in our second audition call, coming Monday, June 10:
Congrats to you all, we are very excited to meet and see you on our runway. Those who have not made it into this first audition, please do not be discouraged. The application is still open and we have a second audition. You may submit a new application and we may suggest you to submit another headshot picture, meeting our conditions.
The aspirants, who are selected for this audition, please read below carefully about the further going process:
Styling theme for the audition
Please prepare an outfit inspired by ANIME FASHION. You require to do research and find an inspiration, that you would like to realize into a styling. Your styling must be recognizable as being inspired by Anime, but please do not change your current skin or shape. It is crucial that we are able to recognize YOU. Please do not hide your face with masks or wide hats. It is important, that the judges are able to see your face.
- You must use at least one (1) color in your clothing that is not black, white or gray.
- Jewelry metals, gems, accessories of any kind, hair and nails, do not count for your color choice.
- Please choose your accessoires wisely, sometimes less is more. Our judges do not appreciate ‘walking christmas trees’ on the runway.
- Please prepare one or two sentences with max 50 words, in which you explain, which Anime character or style you were inspired by and why. You require this description in a notecard for yourself only, to be shouted into chat while your audition walk.
- Please choose a walk, that you think suits your styling best and prepare a set of poses for one stop, which lasts approximately 40 seconds.
Here are a few links, that may help for your research, but you are not limited to:
Please use Pinterest and Google to research Anime Fashion and make sure you can explain in your description, why you were inspired by your choice.
Hint: The good stylist will not copy an inspiration but make it their own by using different elements, colors and accessoires.
Meet and Greet with the team, Runway Workshop
For those, who are new to runway shows and modeling, we have scheduled a Greet and Meet & Workshop with our team for you.
This week we will meet on
Wednesday, July 5, 02:00 p.m. SLT
- To participate in the audition, rehearsal and the workshop you require a VPC device. Please read here about the VPC device, how to acquire and use:
- We may recommend you to have and use an empty AO with your walk and default pose and a modeling HUD to control your pose set
- Here`s an example for a (nearly) free AO, easy to use:
- I personally use the STRUT HUD for my pose sets, but other models may use other HUD’s
- We will be able to explain you the basics on how to use the devices, as well as how to ensure a mostly lag free and easy performance for yourself and others.
- If you are unable to participate the workshop, please do not worry. Case by case we may be able to guide you individually, and you have the possibility to walk in the second audition again, too, if you feel it may help you.
The participation in the workshop is not mandatory, but if you wish to participate you must contact Rissa Bolissima or Venom Zanzibar and let us know your participation. You will receive a teleport to the classroom 10 – 15 minutes before begin.
It is mandatory to attend one of the both scheduled rehearsals to be eligible to walk in our audition.
Rehearsals are scheduled for
Friday, July 7
10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT
You can attend both rehearsals, if you like.
All required informations, such as walk order, rehearsal and show landmarks, VPC code, etc, will be sent to you personally prior to the rehearsals.
Please arrive early to the rehearsals, preferably latest 15 minutes before. All MISS SL Organization events of any kind start punctual.
We are not able to translate our instructions into multiple languages. Please bring your own interpreter to the rehearsal(s), if you require one.
The live audition is scheduled for
Saturday, July 8, 12:00 p.m. SLT
and is open for public audience.
Invitations will be sent 2 hours prior to show begin in our groups, social networks and websites.
You are required to be backstage at the venue latest at 11.15 a.m. SLT
We will meet after the audition briefly for a general feedback, after the feedback you are free to go.
After the audition
We will publish who of the aspirants from this first audition are selected to be finalists for the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant, on Sunday after the audition.
- If you are selected as MISS & MR SL YoungStar finalist, you will get to choose a fictional place from Film, Book, Music as for your title.
Hikaru choose Hogwarths – his official title will be:
Hikaru Enimo – MR SL ♛ YoungStar Hogwarths 2017
His SL group tag title (requires an own group) reads:
MR SL ♛ Hogwarts 2017
- Please have three fictional places prepared, that you would like to represent as MISS & MR SL Youngstar finalist. The title assignment will be done on first come, first serve basis. If your first choice is taken already, you will get assigned to your second choice and so on.
- If you are chosen as finalist and participate in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant finale, you are allowed to keep your title after the pageant is finished too, i.e. in your profile, resume etc. Hence you may want to make sure to think and choose the fictional place for your title wisely.
- It is not possible to receive Second Life region (sim) names as title, unless the name originates from a fictional place that is from a film, book or music piece.
- Your fictional place may not refer to or resemble an actual existing country acknowledged by the United Nations, i.e. Pacific States of America or Holy Britannian Empire.
- Your fictional place may be a fictional country, city, a region, any place that is considered a place. “My mommy’s kitchen” is not considered as such place and not to original either, you may agree… hence again, we may stress you to research for a fictional place that you can identify with.
- If you have doubts about certain places that you would like to choose, please feel free to ask us about and we will check for you case by case.
- Your choice of a fictional place will also play a role in the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant finale. You will be asked to represent your assigned fictional place as title holder.
Detailed information about the Pageant finale will be shared with you after the list of all official finalists is published, after the two auditions.
We look forward for the event to begin and to meet all of you and to see your styling ideas, your creativity and your individual performances. More so we hope, that we will be able to provide to you a unique, one of a kind pleasant and fun experience. Please know, that all MISS SL Organization team members are happy to help you, if you have any questions, problems or concerns. Please join the MISS SL Organization to ask in the group chat for help. If you are selected as finalist, you may join the MISS SL Pageant group, where all former and current MISS SL and MR SL candidates and finalists help each other.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
For more informations about MISS SL Organization, follow us!
© July 2017 – a MISS SL Organization Press Release
MISS & MR SL Youngstar 2017
Sponsors & Mediapartner
MISS SL Organization Patron
MISS SL Organization PATRON