Hello dear candidates,
it is not much time anymore until the finale of the MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2017 Pageant! We are very excited and look forward to organize the very first YoungStar finale for and with you.
WELCOME TO LONDON
The MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2017 Grand Finale will be ‘situated’ in one of the most exciting capitals of the world, in London. The 2000 years old city is popular as a multicultural melting pot, from where newest trends spread over the world quickly. Many movements and streams originate from ideas born by creative minds from or in London. The global city London is not only the home to the royal family or numerous of leading museums but the epicenter of many cultural branches like art, entertainment, music and certainly fashion, too.
Many Youth Cultures have found their vastness in all variations and colors in the streets of London, tolerated and welcomed by the liberal and cosmopolitan minded London citizens.
In our first trip to London we pay tribute to the titles, that you have chosen for the MISS & MR SL YoungStar pageant, as London is also the place in many books, films and songs. Ready to depart from the King’s Cross Station’s 9 3/4 platform?
The Title Costumes
The Title Costume challenge in the YoungStar pageant is similar to the National Costume walks, that you would see in other pageants. You have chosen a fictional place from literature, film or music for your pageant title and in the title costume challenge you are asked to represent this place from your title. It is the challenge, in which you need to showcase your creativity and ability to think ‘outside of the box’.
Thinking outside of the box does mean, that you create a one-of-a-kind mix and match styling, to incorporate the theme that stands for your title. To represent i.e. Hogwarts and to wear a magician cloak and holding a wand in the hand may just not be enough.
With your title costume, you have unique ability to tell a story on the runway, using all your imagination and creative skills to express yourself.
Do not be fooled by the term ‘costume’. The Title Costume challenge is not a carnival, but a parade of culture, in which you represent a certain fan base or more even, a community. If you are not taking your title serious in the way you represent it in the pageant, you may be upsetting those, who are identifying as fans. Extensive research and your love to the detail will make your title costume the oustanding and unique styling that lets you represent your title worthy and inspiring to others.
In the Title Costume challenge you may go wild with your posing as well, you may use expressive up to articstic borderline poses, but you may want to make sure, to follow standards that still apply also for this challenge.
- Check your hover height, always – you cannot hover or fly on our runway, not even if you are a magician.
- Your poses should not stretch or break the fabric or textures of your clothing
- Hair and body parts should not go into the clothing or into other body parts
- Make sure, that accessories are properly attached, in particular those you are holding in your hands, but in general also.
Summer in London
This is our fashion challenge, in which you can showcase your sense for style and trends. We’re returning to nowadays London and more explicit in the summer months. You are a tourist in the City of London and all you know is, that London’s weather is very inconsistent with rain and clouds also at the height of summer. The question what to wear to come dry through a day is almost not to answer, the only way is to be prepared for all possibilities.
Style as a tourist, that goes out to visit the historic sites of London. Of course you don’t want to attract negative attention to the British people by looking like a cave man or women with white socks in sandals or leggings that let your legs look like sausages. To discover all the luxury stores in Knightsbridge or Saint James, to go into a bar in Soho or to discover the landmarks of Westminster you may want to dress CASUAL CHIC and up with the trends of the current summer 2017.
You must use at least one color in your clothing, that is not black, white, gray, beige or blue. Accessoires, Jewelry, Hair and nails do not count for colors.
Your accessoires may be that of a tourist, but hold right there. As mentioned before, the weather in London is rather unpredictable, so you may be prepared for the case it`s getting colder or rainy during the day.
Show us, how you prepare for the unsteady weather for a day in London. Be careful if you are i.e. carrying an umbrella… it’s not very handy when taking the crowded tube and it’s quite a challenge to pose on runway with as well, because you must avoid that your accessoires break into your clothing or body parts. Or maybe it’s a stylish hat that helps you not to get wet if it rains, make sure that the hat does not cover your face.
And right at the end of the day, you will return to the hotel to get ready for the
The prom night is the event of the year, a formal occasion, to finish the (school) year, for which you will don yourself into the best attire, luxurious and elegant. It is the event, in which you shine bright and where you are the star. Obviously, it is also the highlight of the MISS & MR SL YoungStar Pageant, perhaps resulting into your coronation as MISS or MR SL YoungStar 2017, hence you may want to make sure to look stylish, flawless and perfect for the occasion.
Prom Dress Code
(copied from a catholic school, please ask if you have a question about)
- Dresses may be strapless (if they fit properly) or include spaghetti straps.
- Dresses may be backless, as long as they are not cut below the naval.
- 2-piece dresses MUST overlap at the waist: meaning top MUST overlap with skirt waistband.
- Midriffs will not be exposed. This includes both front and side. With arms down at your side, if skin touches skin, the dress is inappropriate.
- Dresses may not have a slit that exceeds mid-thigh. This is fingertip length.
- Dresses may not be cut below the bust line.
- Undergarments should not be visible. See-through apparel is not permitted.
- Garments that are tight or low-cut are also unacceptable.
- Gentlemen, you are expected to wear formal attire. Formal prom attire may be classified as a tuxedo or dress suit, including a tie or bow tie, a dress shirt, which may include a vest or cummerbund, and dress shoes.
- Shirts are to be worn at all times.
- Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are unacceptable.
For the finale
Once every candidate has presented their prom styling, all candidates need to give an answer (shout into local chat) to question, that will be given to you in the rehearsals before the finale. All receive the same question. You have then time until the finale to prepare your answer.
In the following Question & Answer rounds with the top rated candidates, you will receive an individual question asked live by a present judge, which you need to formulate while you are on the stage. If you require translation from English to your native language, you must bring your own interpreter.
The Question & Answer round repeats if we are narrowing the the top scored to a top 3 for the selected candidates.
After we will announce the winners, MISS and MR SL YoungStar 2017.
For all challenges
- You require for each challenge outfit a different walk, suitable for your styling, a default pose and a pose set of each approximately 40 seconds. (3 outfits = 3 walks, 3 default poses, 3 pose sets)
- Please do not repeat a walk or a pose in two or more challenges.
- You are required to submit a styling description for all three finale outfits. The styling descriptions get submit via a form on our website. The required information will be sent to you on Monday, July 24th personally in a notecard.
- The styling description must contain a credit list, containing all elements that you have used for your styling, incl. the brand/designer name.
- The styling descriptions must be submit by Thursday, July 27th, 12:00 p.m. SLT LATEST.
- The participation in one of the rehearsals on Friday, July 28th – 10:00 a.m. SLT or 05:00 p.m. – is mandatory. The finale event is to complex to walk without rehearsal.
- You must come to the finale venue after Saturday, July 29th 12:00 a.m. and rezz all three outfits and play all poses and walks, to store all information into the sim cache. This will minimize potential lag significantly and the judges as well as the audience will be able to see you without rezzing issues.
I hope, that you are as much excited for the pageant as we are. We are well aware of the effort that you put into your participation and and do hope, you will enjoy yourself and the event. Even though, at the end of the finale, we only will have two winners styled with a title, MISS and MR SL YoungStar 2017, we strongly believe, that you all are winners already by taking up on the challenge to participate. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the finale, please do not hesitate but let us know!
The date and time(s) for the ‘Meet and Greet’ event will be announced soon in the pageant group. We are likely to schedule two events to cover your different timezones.
The MISS & MR SL YoungStar 2017 Grand Finale – Welcome to London – event is scheduled for Saturday, July 29, to begin at 10:00 a.m. SLT and open for public.
I wish you all good luck and much fun!