Hello Ladies, official candidates in the MISS SL 2017 pageant,
in your third challenge we are paying tribute to the film The Devil wears Prada, which was greatly received by the fashion and modeling community in 2006.
Meryl Streep was celebrated and awarded for her role as Miranda Priestly, editor-in-chief of the Runway Magazine, in The Devil wears Prada. While the film mainly plots around Andy, an aspiring journalist, who has applied for a job as personal assistant to Miranda, and puts up with Miranda`s excessively demanding and humiliating treatment, hoping it will be the addition in her curriculum vitae to open doors for better jobs at other media companies.
The role of Miranda Priestly is not only important but crucial throughout the entire film. While Andy gets an exclusive insight on the ‘private’ side of Miranda too, it`s especially that the film shows the tough and demanding work, that such a job position comes with, including the sacrifice it means for a woman`s private life. How can a business woman compensate better, but with top-notch of fashion. The Paste Magazine wrote:
Pretty much every ensemble Miranda Priestly dons is to die for. Who can forget her evil spin on such a classic sweet-girl move when she peers over the top of her sunglasses and spits, “Oh don’t be silly, Andrea. Everyone wants this. Everyone wants to be us.” Miranda’s knack for fur and neutral snakeskin, her over the top coat collection and sky-high heels all make this modern day Cruella de Vil all the more terrifying. Still, among the fur and stacked heels, her ice blue accents are a consistent addition to this ice queen’s look. These pieces play perfectly against her blue, chilled stare and ice-cold heart.
And this is your challenge:
- Please create a business chic styling, based on the S/S 2017 trends seen at the fashion weeks around the globe. Style like you will style in a position as CEO of a fashion company, modeling agency… or Editor in Chief for a fashion-related media giant.
- Using Meryl Streep`s Miranda Priestly as an inspiration, do add the extravagance and luxury touch, that lets a woman in a power position appear bold and visible. This would be done with accessories, high qualitative and rare fabrics, edgy clothing elements etc …by not loosing the classy and chic appearance, that a boss needs to have.
- In this styling challenge, you must use two colors and you are limited to two colors only also. Black, gray, white, jewelry, hairs, nails, shoes and hand held accessory do not count for your color choice.
- Please prepare a walk, a default post and a pose set of 40 seconds, that work best for your styling. Please have a reverse pose prepared also, just in case…
- Please submit your styling description until Friday, March 24, 12:00 PM SLT at the web form like in the previous challenges too.
- In your styling description include your favorite quote by Miranda Priestly in The Devil wears Prada. The quote does not have to be in context with your other styling description and does not add to your word count limitation. However, choose a quote that is limited to 30 – 40 words at the most – we do not require a lengthy statement about cerulean sweaters or belts in all its length.
Rehearsals for the Third Runway Challenge are scheduled for Friday, March 24 10:00 AM and 05:00 PM SLT. As always, you are required to attend at least one of the rehearsals to be eligible to walk this challenge. The walk order and instructions notecard will be sent to you inworld during Thursday, March 23.
The Third Runway Challenge is scheduled for Saturday, March 25, 10:00 AM SLT and open for audience.
Please do take this challenge with the right approach. We do not wish to see, that you are copying a Miranda Priestly style from the film, we do not wish to see you as Meryl Streep and god beware, we also don´t want to see Anna Wintour clones on the runway, you will go to hell if you dare that. The idea is, to take this figures as example indeed, but to create your own styling, as if you are the boss of a leading fashion or media company.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
For more informations about MISS SL Organization, follow us!
- Website: http://www.missslorganization.net
- Magazine: http://magazine.missslorganization.net
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- G+: https://plus.google.com/+MissSLOrganization/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/missslorganization
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/missslorganization
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/missslorg/
- Support: http://support.missslorganization.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/missslorg
- Wiply: http://wiply.net/group/3/miss-sl-organization
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/missslorganization
© March 2017 – a MISS SL Organization Press Release