- Source: Glamourdaze
In the last of the regular runway challenges, we are doing a quick time travel and hope, that you will enjoy.
We will celebrate the golden 1920’s in our next challenge. The 20’s are often described as the “roaring” 20’s. After the devastating years of the first world war people seeked to break out of the limits and one tool certainly was fashion.
The 1920s was an era of dramatic changes in fashion; women shocked their men, dress seams rose and and the twenties flapper style came up. Makeup became popular and the hairstyles became shorter. The notorious flapper girl is known by all and the short sleek hair, above the knee straight shift dress and the boyish figure will never fail to be remembered.
The iconic flapper style didn’t debut quite yet, but the androgynous look was the complete opposite of the previous ladylike from the decades before.The ‘boyish bob’ and the ‘garconne frock’ were staple fashion phrases. The classic flapper girl wore a short shapeless shift dress, short sleek hair. The flapper demonstrated her rebellious style by wearing makeup and playfully applying it in public. She was seen brandishing cigarette holders and exposing her limbs while dancing unrestrictedly in the clubs.
A more sleek and sophisticated look was adopted in the 1920s. Thin spaghetti straps were worn to create a revealing and sexy look. The shift style drop dress was worn by flappers. With no waist, the dress was relatively easy to make at home, allowing the middle class women to blend in with the highly fashionable upper class. The chemise style dress was also worn, usually adorned for dancing to jazz. With the waist disappearing and the bust suppressed a narrow boyish silhouette was preferred. The hair got shorter, curves were eliminated and the line became more simplified.
Accessories were a key part of the 1920s look. The accessories were extravagant, big and opulent. Taken from the art deco and Egyptian style, beaded bags, feather boas and embellished head bands were the accessory of choice for evening. Pearls were a staple accessory encouraged by the designer Coco Chanel. Her simplistic outfits were always seen dressed up with strings of pearls. Women were now been seen smoking in public making cigarette holders and cases an added statement of good style. At the beginning of the twenties women’s shoes still had a pointed toe but were gradually becoming more rounded. Around the mid Twenties the Cuban style and Mary Jane style of shoe gained increasing popularity. The shoes were seen as ‘high heels’ for the era, however, only reaching around two inches. Hats were a popular women’s accessory during this period. They created a simple and elegant look. In the early part of the decade simple hats with brims were worn, later on the rimless cloche hat became fashionable mid twenties. The hat was only wearable with a short and flat hairstyle due to the close fitting design. With the hat pulled over the eyes, the style effected ladies posture as it was necessary for them to tilt their heads upwards in order to see.
- Please style an outfit inspired by the fashion trends of the 1920’s decade (1920 – 1930). Please do actual research, to find a style, that you do like the most. You´re not limited to a certain style of the 20’s but you can chose from all it`s varieties.
- Please limit your style choice based on the current season, Spring/Summer.
- You are not limited in your color or designer choices.
- Please pay especially attention to underline your styling with appropriate accessory, as the introduction above suggests accessories as key part of 20’s fashion.
- Please make sure that chosen accessory, fabrics, pattern, hairs and so your overall style really make you to embody a woman and style of the 1920’s.
- Please do not copy a styling from any inspiration, but make it your own styling!
- Please choose a walk, a default pose and poses for a 40 seconds lasting stop for your styling.
- Please write in your styling description, what you have been inspired by. Please provide links to your inspiration in the text field below the description.
- The styling description must be submit and received until Friday, April 21, 2017 – 12:00 p.m. SLT.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Friday, April 21, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT. It is mandatory to attend one of the rehearsals to be eligible to walk this challenge.
Informations about the rehearsals and the walk order for the challenge will be sent to you during Thursday, April 20, 2017. If you have any question for this challenge, please contact us to allow us to help you. Please make sure to do your research for this styling challenge and to base your description on your research.
I hope you have some fun with this challenge and that it is not to difficult for you. We do look forward to see, what you will come up with.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
For more informations about MISS SL Organization, follow us!
- Magazine: http://magazine.missslorganization.net
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- G+: https://plus.google.com/+MissSLOrganization/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/missslorganization
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/missslorganization
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/missslorg/
- Support: http://support.missslorganization.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/missslorg
- Wiply: http://wiply.net/group/3/miss-sl-organization
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/missslorganization