FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
In the three years of MISS and MR SL pageants, and most recently the MISS & MR SL Youngstar pageant, we have adjusted the pageant rules based on the individual and our overall experiences. All rule adjustments were intended to allow most possible fairness for all participants and openness to newcomer (i.e. getting rid of the obsolete RL gender restriction or allowing mesh heads/-avatars).
We were quite aware from begin, that some pageant organizations and companies deduct points from competition scores to enforce their rules and conditions. We have always thought, that this method is counterproductive to the goals the entire pageant- and modeling industry strive for, likewise the stage elimination of candidates in a pageant or competition.
It is our utmost interest to have all candidates equally motivated and engaged from the begin until the very final event of our pageants, as well as to eventually wake interest in possible newcomers and aspiring models, to also consider their participation.
We have come to a point, where the significant fluctuation and lack of serious commitment, especially noticeable in the male pageants, lead to an increasing frustration for the production team and me as owner.
After careful consideration, we have decided to take measures, in an unprecedented scale. We see the following additions to the MISS SL MR SL and MISS & MR SL Youngstar pageant competition rules as the only way to answer our concerns in an appropriate way, preserving fairness for all candidates and allowing the production team to maintain their excellent work.
Styling Card Submissions:
The styling card submissions deadline for runway challenges is always the Friday before a challenge takes place, at 12:00 p.m. SLT. In rare circumstances we have asked even earlier deadlines, i.e. for Grand Finale styling descriptions. Yet we have been open enough to allow later submissions in single cases, if we were contacted early. We do want every candidate to participate and succeed, as best as possible. We have been also kind enough to follow up on missing styling cards, even though the challenge descriptions state the requirement of a submit description for the participation in a challenge.
Taking in effect as of today, we are adding a new table to the competition score sheet, in which we collect points for early submitted styling descriptions, as follows:
- The first three candidates who submit their styling card for a runway challenge, incl. Press Presentation and all three Grand Finale outfits, receive each 30 points towards their competition scores.
- The candidates who submit their styling card up to 12 hours before the announced deadline, receive each 10 points towards their competition scores.
- All other candidates, who submit their styling card at least in time, before the deadline, receive each 5 points towards their competition scores.
Please note, that the three levels are not to be combined.
- Candidates, who fail to inform the production team or Marcus Lefevre about potential late submissions will not be allowed to walk the particular runway challenge.
With the begin of the MISS SL 2018 pageant and for all future MISS, MR and MISS & MR SL Youngstar pageants, we will move the ‘traditional’ submission deadline, for all runway challenges from Friday to the Thursday before a challenge takes place, at 05:00 p.m. SLT.
Rehearsals and before shows:
It is standard in the SL fashion and modeling industry, and so for MISS SL Organization and our events, to arrive early for rehearsals and before show begin. While we have not been asking a particular arrival time for rehearsals, but to be punctual, we are asking to arrive 45 minutes before show begin, latest.
Effectively today, we are adding a table to the competition scores, in which we collect points for rehearsal participation, as follows:
- Candidates, who arrive 15 minutes before rehearsal begin receive 15 points towards their competition scores. The candidate must have participated the entire rehearsal actively to receive the points. Candidates can only receive points for one rehearsal before a challenge, but are still invited and able to participate both.
- Candidates, who arrive late to a rehearsal and failed to inform the production team or Marcus Lefevre about their late arrival beforehand, get 20 points deducted from their competition scores.
- Candidates, who arrive later than 30 minutes before a challenge begin backstage, will be cued at the end of the walk order for the particular show.
- Candidates, who have not arrived 10 minutes before a challenge begins, will not be allowed to walk in the challenge anymore.
All MISS SL, MR SL and MISS & MR SL Youngstar Pageant rehearsals are scheduled on the Friday before a challenge takes place, one at 10:00 AM SLT and a second at 05:00 PM SLT.
All MISS SL, MR SL and MISS & MR SL Youngstar Pageant challenges, press presentations and Grand Finale events, are scheduled for Saturdays at 10:00 AM SLT. The Pre-Scoring of the National Costume and Victor(ia) Secret outfits always take place on the Sunday before a Grand Finale, at 08:00 AM SLT.
It is our very pride at MISS SL Organization to begin all our scheduled events punctual, on time.
We understand that this measures are the hardest cut into our goal to allow most possible fun and enjoyment of our pageants, but are confident that the added opportunities to earn additional points, may have a motivating and positive effect on participants and our pageant production.
While I personally never have been a friend of long pages with rules and conditions, but have prefered flexibility, we will provide a document, that contains all competition relevant rules, for everyone accessible at our support website, effective for all future MISS SL, MR SL and MISS & MR SL Youngstar pageants. We will continue to develop and improve our event- and pageant production, consider our experiences and hence, the above additions and all existing and future rules are subject to change, at any given time, for any or no reason, effective after publication.
MISS SL Organization
Owner | Founder | Chairman
For more informations about MISS SL Organization, follow us!
- Website: http://www.missslorganization.net
- Magazine: http://magazine.missslorganization.net
- Discord: https://discord.gg/Tvx3KC3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- G+: https://plus.google.com/+MissSLOrganization/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/missslorganization
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/missslorganization
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/missslorg/
- Support: http://support.missslorganization.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/missslorg
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/missslorganization