HERE IS HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- In order to make the process easier, we have developed a web application form for you. Please fill the form, with all required information requested.
- Please upload your best headshot picture in .jpg or .png format to the application. This picture should not be bigger than 1024 x 1024 and not smaller than 512 x 512. The picture should not contain any text or signature.
- Photoshop is allowed, but please keep photographs realistic so that it reflects how you actually look in Second Life.
- You agree by submitting an application, that MISS SL Organization is permitted, to use the submitted pictures in any way the organization considers appropriate.
- You must join the MISS SL Organization group. All MISS SL 2018 competition announcements will be sent through this group. Copy/Paste the link below in local chat, click it and join!
- At the end of every application round the judges will select those ladies, who they would like to see at a live audition. This means your face shot will be the judge’s first impression of you, so make it fabulous! The audition calls will get published on January 14th and February 18th, 2018.
- If you are selected for a live audition, prepare an outfit based on the styling theme published with the audition call. You will be judged based on your walk, pose, styling and overall appearance.
- If you get enough votes from the judges, you will be announced as an official MISS SL 2018 candidate.
- If you were not selected as an official candidate in the first audition, you may try again at our second audition without submitting a new picture.
- If you were not selected for the first audition, feel free to re-enter a new headshot for the following application round following steps 1 and 2 above.
- Picture submission starts on December 15th, 2017 and is open until January 14th, 2018. Then again we repeat this same process from January 22nd until February 18th. Live auditions will be held on January 20th and February 24th, 2018. After the second audition we will announce all official Candidates for MISS SL 2018.
- The MISS SL 2018 Pageant will be held on Saturday, May 26th, 2018 at 10:00 am SLT. Please be aware that all challenges, meetings and the Press Presentation will be held on Saturdays or Sundays at around this time from March to May 2017. Rehearsals are scheduled on Fridays at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT before each event. It is mandatory to attend at least one of the scheduled rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the following event. If you cannot commit to this schedule, please don’t audition at all.
- You must be able to conduct voice interviews. If you are unable to perform in voice interviews due to a speaking or hearing disability, you still may apply, but you must let us know, before auditioning.
- Your SL account age must be at least 6 months and your account must be age verified by Linden Lab beforehand.
- If you do not speak English, you may still audition, but you must provide an interpreter for yourself during interviews and rehearsals if you become an official finalist.
Let the search begin!
Yes, of course. Your real gender does not matter.
No, you cannot. We may refer you to drag contests by partnered organizations though.
Yes, the live interviews are mandatory. Candidates, who do not participate in the live interview, are not eligible to enter the Grand Finale and loose their country title.
Nine. The MISS SL Pageants have 5 regular runway challenges, the Press Presentation and the 3 challenges in the Grand Finale.
Absolutely! We will be able to provide you with basic tools and knowledge in workshops and before runway challenges take place.
Yes. All events with runway challenges are open for public audience.
It is not a problem to miss one of the runway challenges. You can easily score with the photo challenges and in other opportunities, too.
Nothing, we totally understand real life issues do come up. However, the country titles are only officially acknowledged for candidates, who have participated in the Grand Finale.